Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Labour story...

So for those that are interested... here it is and for those that don't care just disregard this post.

We went in at 9.30 tuesday morning, at 11 they used a gel to get things going and I had to be monitered for a hour after that but it put me right into labour. I was having regular contractions every 3 minutes but they weren't very strong so we went for lunch and then walked around the hospital until about 3. I was admitted and then put into our delievery room. Things were progressing slowly and pretty easy for me. I was carrying on pretty good convos with the nurses in between contractions and then I got really tired so I went into bed and I just started telling Garrett that the contractions were getting pretty intense and my water broke. I had about 4 really hard contractions after that and she was ready to go. 3 minutes later she was born.

I got to hold her right away for about a half hour because she was so small they wanted her to keep warm on my chest. It was very nice. She's feeding good and is quite alert already. She's dropped down to 4 lbs 14 ozs but at the rate she is eating I'm sure it'll be up in no time.

Zara isn't to sure what to think yet but she'll come around! We're happy with having another girl around. Hope they'll be good friends eventually.

3 comments:

  1. congratulations to u all!!!
    wow .. ur labour sounds so quick and easy!!!so envious!!amazing!!look forward to meeting kanya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....k that's amazing. Sounds like everything went well. Can't wait to meet her. :)

    ReplyDelete