Monday, October 12, 2009

Labour Pains

I have a date to be induced now and it is getting VERY near. It's really strange knowing when your going to have your baby, you can let all your family know, make arrangments for Zara before hand and tell your in-laws the date so they can plan a trip to see the new grandbaby...very strange. I'm glad that we don't know what we're having or else there would be NO surprise involved at all. We could have made our birth accouncements if we did know, we would have know the date, gender, name, and even a estimated weight from the ultrasound I had on friday. I look forward to the surprise.

I always think it's kind of funny when you go into the labour and delievery unit at the hospital, all the ladies are dressed in their hubbies baggy sweatshirts, their pants are saggy at the knees and often fleece that is covered in pet hair and their hair is not done and all over the place and they look like death warmed over and they haven't even started yet. I've decided that I'm going to go there in decent clothes and have my hair combed and somewhat done because I won't even be in labour so it's the least I can do. I can assure you though that I'll be coming out in sweats and one of Garrett's hoodies!

So I'm hoping everything is quick, smooth and painless...clearly dreaming I know. Details will follow hopefully soon!!

1 comment:

  1. be brave Ashley, cant' wait to hear you good news.Mom

    ReplyDelete