Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Incredible Itch...



I'm definatly not nesting anymore, just itching. And I don't really mean the odd little scratching here and there I'm talking about INCREDIBLE itching. So bad in fact that I've managed to pop blood vessels, break sin and have left it raw. Nothing has really helped so far. I take Bendryl at night to help with sleeping but it has only helped 2 nights out of 2 weeks and all the creams in the world don't do anything but my dear Molly bought me calendula cream which soothes my skin and makes it feel better but unfortunatly doesn't stop itching. However there is a silver lining in this dark cloud...I've stopped chewing my nails and for the first time in FOREVER I have longish nails which help a lot with the itching I might add.

Apparently I have Cholestasis of Pregnancy, which sounds worse than it is I think. I won't go into details of it but it means that I'm having my baby soon. They are going to induce me. I'm not going to say the date because I think its better as a surprise and I don't actually know the exact date myself yet but it'll be fairly soon. So it's a good thing I was nesting when I was and got all my baby gear ready. I'm a little nervous about being induced. I have no idea what happens yet and so I'm just thinking the worse and just hoping that I won't have to have a c-section because that REALLY scares me. We'll find out next week all the details and that will ease my worried mind I'm sure.

Anyways that's all I have to say...I'll just keep on itching for now...

4 comments:

  1. Poor Ash. Hopefully it will all go well. A planned C-section isn't so bad - just recovering is. Do you want a Doula? I'll come, if you want.

    A. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Ashley, that doesn't sound very fun! Is this a new condition? I didn't notice you scratching away on Monday!! Is it a similar condition to PUPPPs? Whatever it is, I hope you can get some relief and some sleep before that baby comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ash.. hope you feel better soon! Thinking about you...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ashley,
    Hope you get feeling better. I have heard that it is not a fun thing to have. Yikes. Good luck with the induction. Can't wait to hear the great news.

    ReplyDelete