Friday, March 6, 2009

We're having Zara's birthday party tomorrow and I'm so excited. Birthdays are a HUGE thing for me. I can remember all my extented families birthdays and I even remember old friends from elementary school birthdays. To me it's part of someones identity, I know what color of hair they have, their eye color and their birthday.

As we were growing up, our birthdays were the day that we could have breakfast in bed if we wanted it, we didn't have to clean or do dishes, Mom made our favorite meal and it was just made to be a special day and thats spoiled me for life. I still look forward to my birthday even though it means I'm getting older and I still use it as a special day and try not to do anything.

As for Zara's birthday I know that she'll never remember it but I want her to be able to look back at pictures and see that her first birthday was special just like all her birthdays will hopefully be.

P.S. Happy Birthday Alesha...

5 comments:

  1. ahh yess ashely good post again, i had a feeling you wuld do somethign about birthdays sometimeatually no i didn't but i did a little bit. Well see you tomorrow at this awesoem b-day party hope you dont dissapoint. Just kidding
    shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to little Zara. Birthdays are a big deal to me too, and I have many fond memories of some awesome ones in our old house... your brother's basement!

    Hope you have a fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So - how did that party go? Good thing I was there or I wouldn't know.

    A. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B-day to the little dolly...Hope you had a great day. I agree on the birthdays being a big deal. Yay to birthday parties.
    How did it go? Would love to see some pics...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i am just reading your blog for the first time (i like) and saw that you said happy birthday to me.. aw i feel so special!
    alesha

    ReplyDelete