Thursday, February 11, 2010

Potty Training


Today is day 4 of potty training. What a seriously hard thing to do. I never thought that it would be this difficult and she is actually catching on pretty fast. So far today we haven't had any wet pants!! Tuesday we had 4 and yesterday we had 2...all of them before lunch so we're doing good today!! It's kinda funny when she does have an accident, all she does is look down and say 'oh all wet' and then continues with whatever she was doing...a little frustrating though for me. Maybe if she didn't like being wet she would take the initiative to go. Oh and most of the time it`s a fight to get her to go to the potty...she is not too keen on anything the interupts her playing. Lots of times I have to look at her and with my sternest of stern voices say 'Zara, sit down RIGHT NOW and go potty' and then she will. She never forgets about her 'cheat' either, which is a smartie or 2...and then she is off until we have to do it all again.

So to any other Mom's out there that are going through the same thing...GOOD LUCK. I know we need it here.

3 comments:

  1. Ashley that is an absolutely adorable photo. I am totally lazy and I guess have always figured that boys are just slower so haven't pushed the issue at all. Malachi shows hardly any interest and has only sat on the potty a couple of times successfully.... I should probably get on it though. Sigh. I'll be looking forward to all your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shes just about there ashley!!!!!
    congrats i will say taht may make to snese at all but whatever
    shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. i must say the most challenging part of parenting thus far for sure!!! (and Isaac was 3 before he was:)))

    ReplyDelete