Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Frazzled Mothers

You know those cartoon pictures of the mothers pulling their hair out and their clothes are inside out and backwords and they have kids hanging off them. Well that is me this week. Let me tell you about monday at about 4:30 pm. Kanya, who is no longer able to be nursed, needed a bottle and NOW. She had gone about 4 and a half hours from her last feed so needless to say was very hungry. I got her a bottle and sat down with her to feed her when Zara decided that she had to go potty so I set Kanya down, prop up her bottle with a blanket and start to go get Zara when the bottle falls and she starts WAILING. I prop it up better with her holding it as well and go get Zara. She had peed herself already. LOVELY. I take off her clothes and get her all cleaned up when the bottle falls again. More WAILING. I go attend to Kanya and I tell Zara, who is butt naked, to run upstairs and get a pair of panties. She brings down a shirt. `NO, your underwear...they are right at eye level on TOP of your dresser.` So she goes back up and as she is coming down I hear `Potty, Mom, Potty` and followed by `Uh oh`. GREAT she has gone to the washroom coming down the stairs. I prop the bottle up again and go see what shes done. Number 2 all down the stairs. The bottle falls. Run to Kanya, fix the bottle and come back just in time to stop Zara from `ceaning-up` with a teatowel. I get the mess all cleaned up Zara in underwear and clothed, finally get back to Kanya and can hold her while she eats the last half oz of milk without interuption, when Garrett walks in the door asking how my day was. If looks could kill he`d definatly be dead.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Ashley... I can see it all perfectly. Thanks for the laugh. (Other moms can laugh because we've all had days like that right?) Hope today is much less eventful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahahahaha! I hate laughing in the computer lab.
    Happy surviving!
    -Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. K seriously I am laughing out loud right now....I love it!!! Poor you!!! Seriously funny though!!! :) Hope the rest of the week has been better!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA nice, if only i wasn't there! hahah
    shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds awful!
    At least you'll have a funny story to tell on Zara when she's older!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great being a mommy!

    ReplyDelete